A dear friend and fellow writer, SB Roberts from Everyday Epic nominate a few blogs for the Lighthouse Award, including yours truly.
Roberts and I met on college campus several years back (I think 8 now, right, mon amie?) during-you guessed it-la classe de Francaise. We started out keeping in touch by composing emails in French. We rarely communicate in French anymore (le sigh), but she remains a treasured friend and inspiring fellow writer.
Be sure to check out her blog; you’ll find it truly enjoyable and full of writerly goodness.
I had never heard of the Lighthouse Award before this. To be honest, I’m not crazy about pass-it-on awards. But how could I pass up the opportunity, when it arrived via such a friend?
So merci, mon chere amie! I find it no surprise that you would receive the award. I’m honored to have received it from you.
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Share three ways that you like to help others.
- Nominate as many bloggers as you like.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
- Have fun!
P.S. As a normal non-fan of pass it on awards, I’m adding a final rule: Don’t feel like you have to continue the chain if you don’t want to! I’ve picked you for nomination because your blog is meaningful, creative, and has taught me something(s). If you don’t want to pass it on, I won’t tell. 😉
So, three ways I like helping people:
1) As the tagline of this blog says, I really do like exploring life in stories and the stories in life-and helping people to see and enjoy them too. Whether it’s introducing someone to a new, enriching novel or helping a discouraged friend see the bigger picture (when that really is helpful), one of my roles in life is to draw connections. Perhaps more like tracing connections that are already there; I can’t take credit for making them. I just shine a light on them from time to time.
2) I like to listen. I may not have much to say, but if you need a listening ear, I’m yours. I know that sometimes just a friendly listener is good medicine.
3) Ok, a friend and I are convinced this should be a love language: food. I love making food for people. (If you bring me food, you may just win my heart.) Everyone eats, and I often love creating food to meet that basic need. Speaking of which, thanks again Roberts, for the Starbucks drinks!
Here are my nominations:
Bella Nanci (my apologies if I didn’t type this correctly!)
I couldn’t help myself, Roberts…
There you have it. The Lighthouse Award. Happy Sunday all!