As promised, here are 10 completely random things. Enjoy!
1. Did you get a free slurpee today? My sister, the kids and I did. My toddler was enamored. I took it away from him temporarily-he was not thrilled-and when I gave it back, he sat there clutching it in contented relief before drinking anymore.
2. Don’t worry! They all ran off some energy at the splash pad afterwards.
3.I love this quote from L. M. Montgomery: “I am very careful to be shallow and conventional where depth and originality are wasted.”
4.I’ve been reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone to my two oldest. Ethan keeps chuckling about the part where they locked the troll in the girls’ bathroom.
5. Right now I sort of wish we lived in the era of housekeepers and cooks. Do I really need to explain this one?
6. Oh boy. Number 6 and I’m already grasping for straws. (Is that even how you say it?) Um, I had a dream I was flying around the Biltmore estate the other night. Perfectly reasonable for me.
7. I wanted to be a writer when I was little. I also loved to doodle. Funny how both those things are bringing me joy again.
8. Have you read any good books this summer? I’m sad to say I haven’t finished one that I really liked so far. So I ordered Anne of Green Gables from the library. I couldn’t wait to revisit P.E.I. and my favorite redhead any longer.
9. We will be revisiting family in NC next month. I’m happy about that.
10. When I was 10, I often ended my journal entries with some old lady complaint about how tired I was. Well, being a pregnant lady who feels old, I find it perfectly acceptable. I’ll spare you the caps. So, good night!