10 Blogs I love
I’m really excited to share these with you. The list is a good mix of various blog types. Without further ado:
- Shannan MartinWrites. Back when she was Flower Patch Farm Girl, I found Shannan’s blog. She shares about adoption, loving your neighbor, and finding beauty, humor and salsa in the not-so-pretty side of town. Funny and comfortable in the uncomfortable-a rare combination.
- Diary of an Autodidact. The author is a lawyer and family man who writes about the modesty culture, patriarchy, and politics, as well as some thorough book reviews. I couldn’t stop reading when I found it-the posts are addictive. Intelligent and informative.
- Simple Days. If you love every day life-type posts with some beautiful photography, you’ll love Erica’s blog. She also has a link to her fantastic cooking website on Simple Days as well.
- Minstrel of Grace. I found Erika’s blog through Instagram some time ago and adore the romantic, thoughtful quality of her posts. She also shares a satisfying amount of good photography. The word authentic might be a little overused today, but her journal-like posts are just that.
- Schwababywrites. She’s just getting started in the whole blogging gig, but you’ll want to keep an eye on this one. I’m not just saying this because we *might* be related-Schwabbabywrites has a lot to offer the world.
- Just A Jesus Follower. This woman’s love for Jesus and people is practical and real and hits me in the gut in the best possible way.What a breath of fresh air to find someone fearless, grounded, and compassionate!
- Spiritual Friendship. I’ve linked to this blog a few times, and I respect the writers here immensely. Their purpose is twofold: create a welcoming, safe place for people of the LGBQT community (of which the writers are a part), and equip the church to welcome, befriend, and disciple people of this community without assuming their background, story, or behavior. Sound implausible? I could write a lot more about them, but you’ll have to read it for yourself.
- MichMash: If you want more humorous, everyday life with a healthy sprinkling of books on the side, look no further. Another great blog (and person) I found through Instagram.
- Lydia Center.Org. Their tagline says, “Advancing Reformed scholarship in the areas of gender, marital, and family ethics.” I do believe these areas need advancing, and quite a bit in this particular arena.
- The Book Review Directory. Love the mystery genre but don’t know which book to pick up next? Looking to branch into a different genre and don’t know where to look? Try The Book Review Directory. Book reviews, submitted by numerous writers, are organized by genre and easy to find. A bibliophile’s dream.
There you have it-a list of 10 blogs I recommend. Who’s on your top 10 list? Have you read any of these?